Troubleshoot all issues relating map updates via android device.
- Bluetooth Connectivity Error
- Installation Problem
- Incorrect Map routing
- Application not opening up
- Can’t Locate Map update
Garmin Map Updates Android
To update Garmin maps via Android device, just follow the steps as given below:
Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
Obviously, you need internet access to download and install map updates. So, for the first time when you turn on your Android device,
- Connect it with your Wi-Fi network and register your device. You can also connect to Wi‑Fi via settings
Updating Maps and Software Using Wi-Fi Network
As, you know the Garmin map updates file size may be quite large, therefore, check for the space available in your Android device.
This allows you to keep the map update file in your device and later transfer it onto the GPS device.
- While your device is connected to Wi-Fi network, open any browser window.
- Type http://my.garmin.com/ in the URL field of your browser.
- Then, type your Garmin account username and password to login Garmin
In case, you have no Garmin account then, Create One.
- Later, click on Register link under myProducts section.
- Next, choose your device from the list and provide all its details including serial number to register on Garmin account.
Can’t register Garmin device? See steps on how to register GPS device on Garmin account.
- Once the device is added, go to account’s home screen. As, all the free available updates automatically get listed there.
- Click on Order Now button and the updates will get saved in Download section of your device.
- However, if you want to see any paid updates- go to myMaps tab and see all the available updates alongside-what all Garmin map updates you have installed on your device.
- For the paid Garmin map updates, click on Add to Cart button and follow on-screen instructions to purchase the updates.
Can’t Download Garmin Nuvi for your Device?
Contact Experts for Solution 1-855-888-1009
Install Garmin Map Update
Now, to add Garmin map update onto your GPS device, connect your Garmin to Android device using Bluetooth.
If you’re troubled by Garmin Bluetooth error, see how to resolve Garmin Bluetooth Issue immediately.
- Now, locate the Garmin map update file in your Android device and tap on it to select Bluetooth option.
- Next, choose the Garmin device from the list and click on Send button.
- Once the file transfer completes, check your Garmin device.
- It will prompt to install the Garmin map updates. Choose ‘Install Update’ button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, eject Garmin and disconnect the device.
Need help to sync Garmin data with Connect device? Consult Garmin Connect section for the answer.
Troubleshoot Garmin Map Update Android Problem
Some of the quick fixes for Garmin map update Android:
- Ensure that your Garmin device has enough space to install map update on device.
- If the map update file transfer fails despite good Bluetooth connection, check for the distance or any other obstacle between the devices.
- Do not access your Garmin or Android device, unless the map update file transfer completes.
With this, you should now be able to update Garmin maps on your device.
However, if you are facing any issue during Garmin maps updates process then, contact Map Update Support team and get resolution for your issue.