The post will cover the most common Garmin Connect Bluetooth issues while connecting with your device.
Every issue will be followed by its solution explained in easy steps. These solutions will most probably get you rid of major Garmin Connect app sync problems.
Situation 1: Garmin Device Is Paired but Not Connected to Garmin Connect
The situation explains when your Garmin nuvi device seems to be paired with the Garmin connect app but not ready to sync data between the duos.
This problem is mirror reflections of another Garmin connect Bluetooth issues, which could be explained as “Garmin connect sync failed” issue.
Note: You will see device status ring and sync arrows grayed out in your Garmin connect app.
When the Connection will be established and the device will be ready to sync data with the app.
The device status will show:
- The status ring will display a green dot.
- The sync arrows will spin constantly during an ongoing sync.
- The status ring will show a white progress line.
Well, the happy news is, with few initial diagnosis and easy measures, you can fix this issue.
Want to learn how? Keep reading!!
Steps to troubleshoot Garmin connect sync failed” issue.
There are certain factors that will result in “unable to pair your Garmin device” with Garmin connect app on your Smartphone.
So, before starting the troubleshooting make sure these criteria are met, following read carefully, what these are:
- Your Garmin device should be located/placed within Bluetooth range of your Smartphone
- The Bluetooth setting should be turned on (on both the Smartphone and the Garmin nuvi Device)
Let’s start to learn what you should try to fix the ‘Garmin connect app sync’ issues:
- Turn off and turn back on the Bluetooth settings on your Smartphone.
- Close the Garmin Connect app and re-launch it after a break of a few seconds.
Note: When you close an app, it still keeps running at the background. So make sure you go to recently used apps and close the app from there.
- Restart your Smartphone.
- Restart your Garmin device.
- Remove the added Garmin device from the Garmin connect app and add it from scratch.
Dont know to remove the device from myGramin app click here
Setting both devices from scratch and connecting them again will most probably remove the obstacles, which were not letting your Garmin device connected to the Garmin Connect app.
If you feel your Nuvi device is faulty, do Update Garmin Nuvi
Situation 2: Getting “Pairing Failed” message while setup Garmin device with Garmin Connect app.
Another situation that people confronts while setting up Garmin device with Garmin Connect app is getting “Pairing Failed” message on display.
This problem also belongs to “Garmin connect Bluetooth issues” school of study.
Entering Correct pairing code
Before you go for troubleshooting this problem, first check that you have entered the correct 6 digit code.
Not entering or punching the wrong code will lead to “Pairing Failed” error.
Note: When you connect Garmin device to your Smartphone, your smart phone ask for a code to confirm and complete the pairing.
Now let’s check out, how to troubleshoot the “pairing failed unable to pair your Garmin device” issue.
Try following things one by one.
Click on the “Retry” button, to let your Garmin device again try to connect to the Smartphone.
Click “Retry” option 2-3 times at least, sometimes giving repeated tries itself solve the issue.
Solution 2: Soft reset the Garmin device.
- Press the power button long until it gets rebooted.
- Again try to pair the device with your Smartphone.
- A fresh start may let the device get connected to the Smartphone.
Solution 3: Restart your Smartphone once
- Power off your Smartphone
- Switch off or Turn off your phone.
- Then, Press and Hold
- Volume Up + Power button (or)
- Home button + Volume Up + Power button (or)
- Volume Down + Power button (or)
- Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button
- Please try above all steps one by one, Until you will see reboot menu.
- Then, To go to the Recovery Mode menu hold down the Power key for a short while.
- Next, select option : “wipe data / factory reset” using Volume Down, and Power button to confirm operation.
- Power it on.
- Again try to pair it with the Garmin device.
see this video for hard reset steps
“Pairing Failed” Garmin error belongs to hardware compatibility only. Mostly rebooting of any or both devices can easily resolve the problem.
Situation 3: The Garmin Connect App is not finding my Garmin Device during the Pairing Process
If you are facing “Garmin connect manual sync problem” like you are trying to add your Garmin device to Garmin Connect app but failed.
The problem could arise when Garmin connect doesn’t find or scan your device.
You should try the to fix Garmin connect mobile app.
Trick 1: Enable pairing mode on Garmin Device
- Check if the pairing mode on your Garmin device is activated or not?
- A Bluetooth beacon signal will be triggered when the pairing mode is enabled on the Garmin device.
- If it’s not enabled yet check your device settings to turn on the Bluetooth.
Trick 2: Check Bluetooth option on Smartphone
- Turn off and turn back on the Bluetooth on your Smartphone once.
- If it is already enabled on your Smartphone.
- Else Turn on the Bluetooth on the Smartphone.
Trick 3: Reboot the Garmin Device
- If enabling or disabling Bluetooth settings on Garmin device doesn’t work for you.
- Simply reboot your device by powering off and on once.
- Now enable Bluetooth on the device.
- And let your Smartphone search for your device.
These simple tricks will surely get you out of the “Bluetooth problems with Garmin Connect app” issues.
What about the data saved when you get “Garmin Connect” Sync Error?
Well, do not worry. The entire Garmin data is saved on the cloud. You can access all saved data when you sync with Garmin connect after fixing the “Garmin connect sync” errors.
Moreover, if you work with Garmin Express, you can get all data downloaded from your Garmin Express account only.
Some other Garmin Connect sync issues are:
- Garmin connect Bluetooth issues
- Connect app update
- Garmin connect sync failed
- GPS not connecting to iPhone
- Garmin connect manual sync problem
- Pairing failed unable to pair your Garmin nuvi device
- Garmin connect mobile app issues
Facing issue with Garmin GPS maps, read troubleshooting guide –Garmin maps not working
These all issues also come under Garmin Connect Sync error and usually bother Garmin users. Facing any of these issues will surely make you uneasy for a while.