Whether you are a Mac, Windows, or Android user- the steps herein will help you fix Garmin Connect Download failed error.
Followed by Garmin connect download error fix, you’ll also get the steps to setup the app on device.
To add cherry on the cake, we have also explained how to register a new device on Garmin connect with few tips to use it.
So, now- with no more talks, let’s get started!
Begin with the Requirements
Owning a windows phone, having an Android mobile or iPhone is not enough to download and install Garmin connect on device.
There are some other vital prerequisites as well, that are equally important. Here’s a list of them:
- Windows 10 mobile version 10586.0 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.0 or later
- Android version 4.4 or higher
- For Windows phone, you must have an integrated Bluetooth
- For Android, Bluetooth version 4.0 or later is required
- High-speed and stable Internet connection
Once your device fulfills all the requirements, get onto the next section!
How do I download Garmin connect? – Know Here
Your easy-to-follow instructions for Garmin Connect download on Windows, Mac, or Android phone are below:
- If you own an Android device, go to Google Play store and type Garmin Connect at the top in the provided field.
- Next, touch INSTALL button on the app screen and wait for the process to complete.
Note: Likewise, if you own iPhone, go to Apple Store and download Garmin Connect app.
- After successful Garmin connect install, you will see Garmin connect icon on the home screen.
If you face any issue during the install, see Garmin connect setup for smooth procedure.
- Touch Garmin connect icon to launch the app on your mobile device.
If in any case, your Garmin connect refuses to open, see instructions to fix Garmin Connect not working error.
- Next, login Garmin Connect account using myGarmin account credentials.
In case, you forgot the password, click on the ‘Forgot password’ below the field. And, follow on-screen instructions to reset myGarmin password.
- For first time users, we suggest creating myGarmin account using any browser window of device.
Has Garmin Connect Download failed? – Let’s get that fixed
After applying all the steps as said above, if you still can’ download Garmin Connect mobile app on iPhone or Windows phone then, fix the relating reasons first.
Want to know what can be the possible causes that stop Garmin Connect download on Windows 10 or Mac device?
Find out the list below with solutions:
Corrupt Garmin Connect app
Does Garmin Connect install windows close unexpectedly without displaying any error message?
Did you fail even after several attempts of downloading Garmin Connect app?
- If in any case, you find your situation similar to the ones stated above then, first of all ensure the download source is reliable.
- Secondly, check the file size available online. If you find the file quite small let’s say of 100 or 200 bytes then, it is broken and incomplete.
Note: Run the scanner online and ensure that your Garmin connect download file isn’t corrupt.
Can’t download Garmin Connect app?
Contact GPS Support @ 1-888-573-0071 for solution
Malware like Trojan, worms, and viruses in your mobile can stop Garmin connect app from downloading and running on device.
In this case:
- Install a virus scanner on your device.
Note: We suggest to install purchased security software as, it provides more protection.
- Run the anti-virus program on device and remove all the files reported as infected.
Note: To avoid any such error in near future, we suggest running anti-virus software periodically.
- Now, remove any Garmin connect mobile app file present on system.
- Download Garmin connect mobile app again.
If the issue still persists then, apply some more solutions defined ahead.
you may need to download Gramin express visit garmin.com/express
Weak internet signals can also interrupt Garmin Connect download on Windows 10 or Mac device.
Therefore, to resolve this:
- Check the router’s hardware and make sure there’s no red or orange color light on the machine.
In case, you find red or orange LED on router, fix it first.
- Ensure no proxy or VPN service is enabled at the time when your mobile is using router’s network.
- Uncheck ‘Smart network’ switch option under ‘More Networks’ in Settings.
- In case, the issue still persists, reset your router’s network and connect the device again.
Hope, it helps! Else, check out more solutions in the queue.
Learn here more about Garmin Map Updates
To download Garmin Connect app on Windows XP, Mac, or laptop- if there isn’t enough space on drive, you will see a weird error message soon.
Thus, before you download Garmin Connect app on your device, make sure the space in the destined folder is more than the size of Connect file.
Steps to Register a New Device on Garmin Connect
So, you have downloaded, installed and even login Garmin Connect account!
However, you still can’t understand how to add Garmin device on Connect app so, you can import all activities and other data.
Check out your solution here!
Do this before adding Garmin device on Connect App
- Check your Internet connection and make sure it’s stable.
- Turn on Bluetooth of your Garmin device and mobile phone that has the Connect app.
After you followed these two steps, it’s time for Garmin device registration.
How to add Garmin device in Connect?
- Launch Garmin Connect App and login using myGarmin credentials.
- Then, tap on the top-left corner of your mobile screen at three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down to choose Garmin Devices option from the list.
- On the next screen, touch Add Device button and wait for the Garmin device setup to startup.
- Select your device from the list of available Garmin devices. In case, you can’t find the device image on screen, touch the button-“Browse all compatible Devices”.
- Finally, choose your device from the Garmin list and if the device gets paired then, you can sync your Garmin device with connect app.
However, if you are bothered during the process, see how to resolve Garmin Connect Bluetooth Sync issues.
Still bothered by Garmin Connect failed download?
Ask GPS Map experts for help @ 1-888-573-0071