Still, the error message: ‘Garmin Express sync failed’ continues to pop-up on the screen.
If you find your situation similar to the one stated above- then read this troubleshooting guide to get the FIX for your problem.
What’s included in the Post?
Don’t have time to read the whole guide? No worries!
Let us help you with what’s all included in this post (section-wise) so, you can decide from where to start your troubleshooting.
- Find Garmin Express won’t sync Factor on your device
- What to practice Before Troubleshooting Garmin Express Sync Error
- If still, there was an error syncing with Garmin express- Implement Quick Fixes
- For rigid error- try the toughest solutions to resolve Garmin sync issue
So, NOW let’s start digging right-in from here!!
Why is my Garmin Express not Syncing? – Know Signs of Trouble maker
Like said earlier, if you want to make effective use of your time then, know the exact cause of your Garmin sync issue.
This way, you’ll be able to focus on resolving the exact reason- rather than doing a hit-and-trial.
Thus, starting with the first cause of Garmin Express does not sync- start your inspection!
Outdated Express Software
Even though Garmin Express keeps notifying you about its latest firmware update but sometimes- due to any reason- you may not get the prompt message on your screen.
Hope, you aren’t running outdated Garmin Express over a longer time.
Corrupt Files or Data on Garmin Device
When the files on your device like Nuvi get damaged or corrupt- they won’t get uploaded on Strava or Garmin Connect account.
The reason can be broken files or malicious software that enters your Garmin device while you transfer wellness data or any activity from PC.
Damaged Garmin Express
There can be ample obvious reasons for Garmin Express not working properly on your device. Out of all, the most common is the malware.
However, if your Garmin Express not syncing for the first time then, check- if there’s partial download and install of GPS express program.
For successful installation, see Garmin Express Download and install steps.
Unable to Sync device using Garmin Express?
Contact experts @ 1-888-573-0071
Whether you are uploading data in Garmin connect from your device or vice-versa, space deficiency (even in bytes) won’t allow you to sync data using Garmin Express.
Garmin Connect login credentials that you share on Garmin Express program must match with your true information on server side else, you will keep getting Garmin express sync failure message.
Now, you know your reason- so let’s get started with the troubleshooting!
Even, if you can’t locate the cause of your Garmin not syncing with Garmin connect- follow the instructions below in the given sequence unless your problem is resolved.
Do This before Troubleshooting Garmin Express Sync Error
Following guidelines have proved their worth by helping more than 70% users.
So, it would be foolish to ignore them completely!
- To begin, cross check the firmware version of Garmin Express. In case, it has got older- update Garmin Express immediately.
- Ensure the software of your Garmin device like Nuvi is also updated.Update Garmin nuvi here
- Once, every other relating device in Garmin sync process is updated- check your communicator plug-in and if it’s not there- download and install it.
- Check Internet connection as well. Its speed must be stable and good enough for the files to transfer easily.
- If your Garmin Express displays server error, check all the network settings.
- Other than this, if Express program states that device is not connected, see guide to fix your Garmin Device not found error.
- In case, there’s no software issue then, check the cables connected between your Garmin device and Desktop/laptop. If they are found damaged, replace them immediately.
- Alongside, check for any loose-end connection and connect with another port on PC.
- Lastly, scan the device that you’re using to sync data. If there’s any malware or virus- remove it.
Now, reboot your PC or Mac system!
In case, still there was an error syncing with Garmin Connect- go to next section for solution.
Is Garmin Express Syncing Forever?
Call Support team @ 1-888-573-0071
How do I Get device to sync using Garmin Express?
Synchronizing is one-way process. It takes your data from device->then, transfer it on Garmin Connect account-> and finally, transmit it over to ride with GPS.
To make this service run automatically on your device, follow the steps defined further:
- Step 1: Download Garmin Express form a reliable source and install it on your desktop/ laptop.
- Step 2: Launch GPS Express program and connect your device to PC that you want to sync.
- Steps 3: Register the device on Garmin Express and click on ‘Sync now’ button to begin the process.
Note: Before the process actually begins, you’ll need to login Garmin Express with registered email ID.
- Step 4: After the provided login credentials are verified, your process to sync data using Garmin Express will automatically begin.
In case, the process doesn’t begin automatically, upload the activities or any other data to Garmin Connect account manually.
For detailed steps, look ahead:
- Step 1: Connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Step 2: Open Garmin connect login webpage and sign in using authenticated credentials.
- Step 3: On the top right corner of page, click on watch like icon and choose Import data.
- Step 4: Click on Browse and locate the file that you want to import.
- Step 5: Finally, tap on Import data and wait for the process to finish.
Note: Remember, Garmin connect can only sync those file s that have .FIT, .GPX, or .TCX as its extension.
Once Garmin sync process finishes, the uploaded files can be viewed in Garmin Connect.
However, if your device fails to sync successfully using Garmin Express then, follow the troubleshooting steps in next section, which would solve most of the issue.
Is your Garmin Express not syncing with Strava or Connect?
Call Experts @ 1-888-573-0071
Still Garmin Express not Syncing- Implement Advanced Solutions
When you click on Sync now button in Garmin Express you normally get an error message at the screen top with error details below it.
Basically, the files get corrupt and you can’t upload them using Garmin express. So, to fix the error easily, simply:
- Go to a reliable Garmin online repair tool.
Note: For better understanding, let’s take an example of .FIT file
- Now, open your Garmin activity folder on PC and look for the file that’s corrupt [ this file name is informed in the error details]
- Simply, copy the file onto your desktop and go back to the repair tool website.
- Then, click on Choose file button and upload this corrupted file from desktop to the webpage.
- Next, click on Convert to_autofix Fit file button and let the tool repair file for you.
- Once done, download the same repaired file onto your desktop.
- Now, open Garmin connect account and click on Import button.
- Browse for the repaired file and click on Import button to confirm the action.
- However, if the file is relating your step count then, open Monitor folder in Garmin and replace the problem file with the repaired one [the process to repair the file remains same]
Note: The fixed file won’t be able to import on Garmin connect account through Activity Import. So, you have to rename the file and later, copy the same file in Monitor folder.
In case, Garmin sync process continues to fail, then manually upload all of the activities from the device to Garmin Connect (defined in section ABOVE).
Later, delete the activity files from the device that causes Garmin Express sync error.
Want to know how to remove the files?- check out the steps further.
How to remove files-which don’t sync in Garmin Express
To remove the corrupt files and ensure that Garmin Express successfully sync all future activities- follow the steps defined further:
Garmin Express not syncing on Mac OS X:
- Open Finder onto the Desktop
- In the menu bar, tap on GO option.
- On the keyboard, then hold down the option key.
- On desktop, click on Library and then release the key.
- Next, open Application Support folder and then, navigate to Garmin->Garmin Express -> Registered Devices folder.
- Open the folder with unit ID of your device and drag ‘Pending Sync Uploads’ folder to the Desktop.
Garmin Express not syncing on Windows System:
- Open run window and type “ %ProgramData%” in the provided field.
- Hit ENTER and click on Garmin folder.
- Next, open CoreService folder-> then, devices folder-> and, finally the device folder with 10 digit unit ID.
- Drag the Sync folder onto the desktop.
Now, any activities can be manually uploaded to Garmin Connect account easily.
How to Remove Files to Free Up Memory on Garmin Device?
Certain activities need more space to store on the device. If while exporting them- you get Garmin Express can’t sync error then, follow the steps below to delete the files from a mass storage device:
Garmin Express not syncing on Windows PC:
- Plug-in your Garmin device in computer
- Next, press Windows +E key altogether on keyboard.
- Then, click on PC and double-click on Garmin device folder.
- Navigate to Garmin-> and then, Activities folder.
- Choose the unnecessary files that you want to delete from your Garmin device.
- Press Delete button to confirm the action.
Garmin Express not syncing on Mac OS:
- Once the device is connected to computer, open Finder.
- Then, in menu bar, tap on GO.
- Next, click on Computer-> Garmin device folder-> Garmin folder-> and finally, Activity folder.
- Simply, drag the unwanted files to trash and create more space in the device memory card.
You should now be able to sync your fitness devices using Garmin express.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete any file outside the Activities folder because it may cause device performance issues.
Still Garmin Express not Syncing?
Call Experts @ 1-888-573-0071